“People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Hope you are staying positive this month and focusing on being happy. Remember it isn’t success that will make you happy but how being happy before can help you be successful.
Being happy is not something that comes natural to us humans. We are made to survive not to be happy all the time. So, I thought I’d give you some helpful steps/benefits on becoming happy and retaining that happiness.
- Don’t hold grudges-This helps you understand that it’s better to forgive and forget than to let your negative feelings crowd out your positive feelings.
- Treat everyone with kindness- Every time you perform a selfless act, your brain produces serotonin, a hormone that eases tension and lifts your spirits.
- See problems as challenges- A problem is viewed as a drawback, a struggle, or an unstable situation while a challenge is viewed as something positive like an opportunity.
- Express gratitude for what you already have- You will have a deeper sense of contentment if you count your blessings instead of yearning for what you don’t have.
- Dream big- If you dare to dream big, your mind will put itself in a focused and positive state.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff- Letting things roll off your back will definitely put you at ease to enjoy the more important things in life.
- Speak well of others- Being nice feels better than being mean. As fun as gossiping is, it usually leaves you feeling guilty and resentful.
- Never make excuses- Happy people don’t make excuses or blame others for their own failures in life. Instead, they own up to their mistakes and, by doing so, they proactively try to change for the better.
- Get absorbed in the present- Don’t dwell on the past or worry about the future. Savor the present, stop and smell the roses.
- Wake up at the same time every morning- Waking up at the same time every morning stabilizes your circadian rhythm, increases productivity, and puts you in a calm and centered state.
- Avoid social comparison- You’ll be happier if you focus on your own progress and praise others on theirs.
- Choose friends wisely- surround yourself with optimistic people who will encourage you to achieve your goals. The more positive energy you have around you, the better you will feel about yourself.
- Never seek approval from others- Listen to what people have to say, but never seek anyone’s approval but your own.
- Take the time to listen- The more intensely you listen, the quieter your mind gets, and the more content you feel.
- Nurture social relationships- Always take the time to see and talk to your family, friends, or significant other.
- Meditate- Meditating silences your mind and helps you find inner peace.
- Eat well- Be sure to eat foods that will keep your mind and body in good shape.
- Exercise- Exercising boosts your self-esteem and gives you a higher sense of self-accomplishment.
- Live minimally- Clutter weighs you down and makes you feel overwhelmed and stressed out.
- Tell the truth- Being honest improves your mental health and builds others’ trust in you. Always be truthful, and never apologize for it.
- Establish personal control- Being in complete control of one’s own life brings positive feelings and a great sense of self-worth.
- Accept what cannot be changed- Once you accept the fact that life is not fair, you’ll be more at peace with yourself. Instead of obsessing over how unfair life is, just focus on what you can control and change it for the better.
Obviously you don’t need to achieve all 22 steps, but even working on a few can change your level of positivity. So try your best and let us know how it goes! :)Source: successify.net